REQUIREMENTS TO BE A COACH
- All Coaches and Managers of Kindergarten through 8th Grade teams must attend the CYC Sports Coaches Training Program, a 2 and 1/2 hour program that helps coaches make a positive difference in their team member's lives.
- The CYC also requires that all coaches attend a Protecting God's Children Workshop, through the Archdiocese of Saint Louis' Safe Environment Program, and have a Missouri Background Check ever two years, read, sign and return to your parish the Ethical Code of Conduct. Zoom Live Sessions offered Fall 2020 due to COVID-19 please see link to register at https://www.preventandprotectstl.org/s/stlouis/pgc.htm *register with the passcode "stlprotect" Dates: 7/11/2020 9:00 AM 7/28/2020 6:30 PM 8/12/2020 6:30 PM 8/15/2020 9:00 AM
- After completing the training and attending the program, coaches need to apply for a CYC Coaches ID card.
LINKS TO COACHING RESOURCES
If you're new to coaching or need some ideas to freshen up practice, check out these resources:
IF INTERESTED IN REFEREEING...
Here is the official instructions: https://playcyc.org/officiate/
These instructions can seem a little overwhelming... please feel free to contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org) to lead you through
In addition to the test, typically onsite field training (1-2 hours) is required at our home field (Pathfinder STL). This will be scheduled for Mid-August and is a simple over-view of our field procedures and Pathfinder/ St John CYC Association exceptations
Classroom training will not be scheduled in 2020 due to COVID-19. CYC will be providing an online course coming mid-July.
Become a Referee:
- Register at https://www.teamsideline.com/sites/archstl/home
- Register at www.preventandprotectstl.org (use passcode "stlprotect" to register)
- Watch Mandated Reporter Training Video
- Watch Code of Conduct Training Video
- Sign Ethical Code of Conduct Waiver
- Attend Online Training (coming mid-July)
- Take online exam
- Addtional requirements for 18+ years of age: Attend Protecting God's Children Workshop (will be Zoom meetings this year due to COVID-19)
- Contact Krista (email@example.com) to help with instructions